Air fryer okra ! Growing up okra was a staple in our household and budget friendly as well . I love okra curry ( recipe coming soon ) but these healthy-ish air fryer okra bites make a great snack or a side dish . Crispy crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside .. dip in a sauce of your choice or as is .. they are addictive … I gave you fair warning.
• 1.5 cup okra frozen – thaw in some hot water first and then dry
• 1 egg
• 2 tbsp water
• Cooking oil spray
• 1.5 Cup Italian bread crumbs or gluten-free bread crumbs- add more if needed
• 1 tbsp. garlic powder
• 2 tbsp. dried parsley
• 1 tsp red chili powder (optional)
• 1 tsp. dried oregano
• ½ tsp. salt
• ½ tsp. ground black pepper
• 1 tsp. paprika
- In a bowl, add all spices and herbs including salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and water.
- First add the okra to the egg mixture, then to the breading mixture. Then put the breaded okra in the air fryer basket, lightly spray with cooking oil , fry for 10 minutes on 380 degrees, or until it’s as crispy as you like it . Serve hot . Enjoy !