- 3-4 potatoes boiled and roughly mashed (no need to make it smooth)
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2-1 tsp chili powder (adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1-2 green chillies chopped (adjust to your taste)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1-2 eggs beaten in a bowl for dipping patties
- Oil (enough for shallow frying)
- Handful of fresh chopped cilantro
- Combine all the ingredients above except for oil and eggs in a large bowl and mix well (use your hands if need be).
- Form into patties.
- Dip the patties into the egg until lightly coated.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on med heat. Once hot, add patties in a single layer ( do not overcrowd) and shallow fry both sides until golden brown. Place on a plate lined with paper towel to absorb any extra oil. Serve with your fav chutneys and enjoy!
** Step by step with pics can be found on my Instagram @thismomskitchen.