Another easy side dish to compliment any entree. Sautéed zucchini and onions with a subtle taste of a couple of asian inspired sauces topped with some toasted sesame seeds.
- 3 med zucchini (cut into thicker strips)
- 1 med red onion sliced
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- chili flakes (adjust according to taste)
- pepper to taste
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- optional garnish – green onions chopped
- Heat a large pan or skillet over med high heat, and add oil.
- Once oil is hot, add garlic and sauté a couple of minutes, keeping in mind not to let garlic burn.
- Now add zucchini and sauté until desired doneness.
- Add in onions and cook for a few minutes. ( I like my onions slightly crunchy so I didn’t sauté too long)
- Add in sauces, chili flakes and pepper. Mix again.
- Take mixture out onto a dish and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy!