- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2-3 cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper as per your taste
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3.5 cups low sodium beef broth/ stock
- 4 cups egg noodles (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-2 tbsp mustard ( optional)
- 1-2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley or 1 tsp dried parsley for garnish (optional)
Instant pot Method
- Set instant pot to “saute’ mode and wait until it displays ‘hot’.
- Add olive oil and butter into the IP. Once heated, add onion and garlic. Cook for about 4-5 minutes or until onion is softened a little. Mix in mushroom and cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring often. Now add ground beef, salt and black pepper. Break the ground beef into small pieces and mixing until fully cooked through (no longer pink), about 10 minutes.
- Mix the Worcester sauce and sprinkle cornstarch. Mix well. Add in stock and noodles. Mix again.
- Cancel ‘saute’ mode and close and lock the lid. Set the vent on the lid to ‘sealing’.
- Press the ‘manual’ or ‘ pressure cook’ button and set it for 5 minutes.
- Once the cycle is complete, quick release by turning the valve into ‘venting’ position. Unlock and remove lid carefully.
- Stir in sour cream and mustard. Garnish with fresh or dried parsley if desired. Enjoy!
- In a large pot on med heat, follow all above instructions until and including adding the egg noddles.
- Turn the heat to med low, cover with lid and let simmer for 8-10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in sour cream and mustard, garnish with parsley. Enjoy!