Weekend brunches are where it’s at! You guys know me by now and how much I love savoury breakfast over sweet! This chilla (crepe) recipe is perfect for brunches, snacks or even lunch … pair it with a cup of coffee or chai … some chutneys for dipping and you have a delicious meal! You can add whatever you like to the batter. I like my crepes with a side of ketchup and hot sauce.
- 1 cup besan (chickpea flour)
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- Cilantro chopped – as much or little as you want
- 1 tsp chili powder – more if you want spicy
- 2 green chillies diced (optional )
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder or minced garlic
- 1 chopped tomato (optional ) I didn’t use it
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 2 cups water
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. You want watery consistency for thin chillas.
- Grease hot pan and spread mixture around the pan.
- Wait until edges are slightly brown and bubbles appear, then flip. Cooked until desired.
- Follow above steps until all batter is finished.
- Serve with your favourite chutney or yogurt.