Ok I want to know who remembers eating these as a kid!!? Soft buttery melt in your mouth cookies that bring back so many childhood memories for me . With only 5 ingredients this is a must make for any occasion.
⁃ 1 cup + 2 tbsp butter softened
⁃ 1/2 cup powdered sugar- sifted
⁃ 1 3/4 cup AP flour – sifted
⁃ 2 tbsp cornstarch- sifted
⁃ 1 tbsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl , beat together butter and sugar until fluffy and pale. This will take approximately 8-10 minutes. You can use a hand mixer or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
3. Once mixed, add cornstarch and mix well .
4. Now add vanilla extract and mix again
5. Add 1/2 of the flour and mix . Then add the rest of the flour and mix until well incorporated . Your mixture should be soft and flowable. If it’s not , add a splash of warm milk as needed until you get that flowable consistency .
6. Put the mixture into the piping bag with the star tip and pipe it onto the parchment covered baking sheet. ( see reel on piping )
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes – until edges are slightly golden . Oven temps and times vary.
8. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then move them on a cooling rack until completely cooled . Enjoy!
*** you can also dip half of the cookies into some melted chocolate and add sprinkles ***
Check out my instagram @thismomskitchen for a quick video on how to make these.