This is a side pickle dish (achaar/ athaano) that is meant to accompany a pilau . I have to have this every time I eat any rice dish . It’s spicy , tangy and packs a punch of flavor . Store the leftover pickle in a jar in the fridge. You can get the pickle spice from your local Indian store . So if you’re a fan of spice then you must give this a try 🙂
- 750g julienned carrots
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1.5 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 cup oil
- 1 firm mango julienned
- 2-3 green chilies chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/4 or less of the pickle spice packet ( start with a little at a time, tends to get spicy)
- In a med bow, combine oil, ketchup , lemon juice , garlic paste and green chilies.
- Add salt and taste.
- Add pickle spice and taste if you want to add more.
- Mix in carrots and mango and stir well.