Chickpea meatloaf ! My family and I love chickpeas and tend to eat them on a regular basis . This recipe is a result of a combo of many meatloaf recipes combined and made according to our taste.
⁃ 1 can chickpeas rinsed , drained and mashed
⁃ 1 tbsp olive oil
⁃ 3 carrots finely diced
⁃ 3 celery stalks finely diced
⁃ 1 cup diced mushrooms
⁃ 1/2 onion diced
⁃ 2 cloves of garlic minced
⁃ Salt and pepper to taste
⁃ 1/2 tsp paprika
⁃ 1/2-1 cup panko breadcrumbs
⁃ 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
⁃ 1-2 tsp soy sauce
⁃ 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
⁃ 1/2 cup your fave bbq sauce
⁃ 1/2 cup ketchup
1. Preheat the oven to 375F
2. Place mashed chickpeas in a large bowl.
3. Heat oil in a large pan, once heated sauté garlic , onions , celery, carrots and mushrooms until soft.
4. Transfer the pan mixture to the bowl with chickpeas , mix well
5. Add paprika, salt and pepper , bread crumbs, parsley, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce . Mix well
6. Mix together bbq sauce and ketchup in a small bowl . Add half of that sauce mixture to the chickpeas . Mix well. Reserve the other half .
7. Transfer mixture to a parchment lined loaf pan and shape by pressing it down . Brush or spoon the remaining sauce mixture on top.
8. Bake for 1 hour. Let meatloaf cool slightly before removing and slicing . Enjoy !
** if the mixture seems dry , add 1-2 tbsp water or broth . If it seems too soft , add a little more breadcrumbs .****