- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain yogurt (not greek)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut + 2tbsp for garnish
- Raspberry jam (enough to cover the top of the cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a loaf pan and line with parchment paper and keep aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients with a whisk (flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and 1/4 cup shredded coconut ) and keep aside.
- In another large bowl, using a hand mixer, mix together the wet ingredients (vanilla extract, yogurt, olive oil, and eggs).
- Now using a spatula fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until well incorporated, do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Let the cake cool completely before spreading jam and garnishing with additional shredded coconut. Slice and enjoy!