A delicious and colourful medley of beans, veggies and avocados tossed in a vinaigrette style dressing. Serve this as a side or as a dip with tortilla chips.
Ingredients to mix in a large bowl
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can black eyed peas rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 orange bell pepper diced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 2 small avocados chopped
- 1 jalepeno diced
- 1 can corn niblets, or cooked 1 cup grilled corn
- 1/2 handful freshly chopped cilantro or parsley
Dressing ingredients to mix in a jar or small bowl
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder or red chili flakes
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients for the salad in a large bowl and keep aside.
- In a mason jar, add all the ingredients for the dressing and shake well with a lid, or whisk in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Best as a dip with tortilla chips or a side salad. Enjoy!