- 1 cup yellow split moong daal ( lentils)
- 2 cups black eyed peas
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 green chilies or 1-2 tsp green chili paste
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
- water as needed
- oil for frying
- Soak both the lentils in water overnight in separate bowls.
- Wash and rinse the lentils thoroughly.
- In a food processor or blender, mix all the ingredients together into a paste.
- Add a little bit of water to make it smooth but not runny.
- Heat a large wok or pan with oil on med heat.
- Once oil is hot, scoop one large tablespoon at a time of the mixture and slowly drop it in the oil. Making sure they are spaced out.
- Let bhajiyas get golden brown on one side then flip to let it get golden brown on the other side too. Repeat until all the mixture is finished.
- Once cooked to desired crispiness, slowly take them out of the oil and onto a plate covered with paper towel.
- Serve with your favourite chutney ( I prefer coconut) and enjoy with a cup of tea!