Serves: 3-4 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Total time: 30 minutes
Ingredients to blend
- 1 large onion
- 1 large tomato
- 1 green chilli (add more if prefer spicy)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lb shelled and deveined shrimp
- 1 can coconut milk
- Handful of fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp madras curry powder
- Blend together the onion, tomatoes and chilies into a purée and keep aside.
- In the meantime , In a large pan or pot on med heat , add oil. Once the oil is heated , add in the blended mixture along with ginger and garlic pastes. Cook for 5-7 minutes stirring often.
- Now add in all the powdered spices along with salt ( do not add curry powder at this time ). Let mixture cook until it starts to slightly boil on med to high heat.
- Add in shrimp and mix . Pour in the coconut milk and stir. Let the curry simmer for 5-10 minutes on medium low heat .
- Add fresh cilantro and madras curry powder , stir until combined . Serve with rice or naan and enjoy!