Easy Jalepeno cheddar cornbread waffles … all the yumminess of a cornbread in a waffle ! I served these with some chicken tenders.. I drizzled my meal with a quick sauce made from Dijon mustard and maple syrup and it was perfect !!
• 1 cup cornmeal
• 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp pepper
• 1/2 tsp maple syrup (optional)
• 1 egg, beaten
• 1 cup milk
• 1-2 fresh jalapeno, seeded and diced – reduce if you don’t want too spicy – you can also sauté the Jalepenos first and then add to the mixture for added flavor.
1. Heat waffle iron according to manufactures directions.
2. In a medium bowl , mix the cornmeal, cheese, baking powder, salt and pepper. Stir well.
3. Add in egg, milk, syrup(if using) and diced jalapeno.
4. Scoop batter into waffle iron and let it cook according to your waffle makers directions.