- 2 Heaping tbsp ghee or oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cups rice – washed thoroughly and drained ( no need to soak)- I used basmati rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups water
- Turn Instant pot to ” saute” mode and melt ghee or add oil.
- Once hot, add cumin seeds and let it splutter a few seconds ( do not burn).
- Add washed and drained rice to the pot and mix well.
- Add water and salt. Mix again.
- Turn IP off and close the lid. Turn valve to “seal”.
- Press the “rice” mode and let it work its magic.
- Once the IP beeps, do a quick release after 3 minutes and fluff the rice with a fork. Garnish with cilantro if desired. Enjoy!