Here’s another classic chai time snack I grew up eating … jugu cake or peanut cake . It’s soft and airy but not too sweet . A ton of peanut flavor and oh so dunkable.. is that even a word ? lol.
-1.5 cups AP flour ( can use GF)
– 2 cups peanuts coarsley grounded
– 1/4 cup white sugar
-1/4 cup brown sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1 stick of butter (softened)
-2 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 cup milk
– 3 tsp milk powder
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a square or round cake pan.
- In a large bowl , add melted butter and both sugars and mix with stand mixer, hand mixer or wooden spoon until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs, mix again
- In separate bowl, mix dry ingredients- flour, baking powder, baking soda and milk powder.
- Mix dry ingredients alternating with milk into the butter mixture.
- Once all is mixed, add peanuts and fold it in with a spatula.
- Pour batter into the greased pan and bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack then cut into squares. Enjoy!