Kulfi is one of my favourite summer time childhood desserts. If you’ve tried my mango kulfi before then you’re going to love this classic flavour even more! Made with basic and simple ingredients and best of all no special equipment needed. Pour the mixture into moulds or paper cups with popsicle sticks or a freezer friendly dish. Video tutorial available on instagram.
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy cream or whipping cream
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp rose water (optional)
- few saffron strands
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds and pistachios (optional if allergic)
- Using a blender, immersion blender or hand mixer, blend together all the milks and cream along with cardamom powder, a pinch of saffron and rose water if using, and half of the chopped nuts.
- Add a few nuts at the bottom of the mould and pour the mixture into ready made moulds(all the way to the top of the mould) or a freezer friendly dish (like a loaf or cake pan), sprinkle the remaining nuts on top along with another pinch of saffron. Freeze until set.