We love pasta in our house but don’t always feel like eating meat sauce. This is a great substitute for meat and a healthier budget friendly option.
⁃ 2 cups cooked brown lentils
⁃ 2-3 cups of your fave pasta sauce
⁃ 1 tbsp olive oil
⁃ 1 onion diced
⁃ 2-3 garlic cloves minced
⁃ 1 red pepper finely diced
⁃ 1 tsp oregano
⁃ Salt and pepper as per your taste
⁃ 1/4 tsp chili powder (optional)
⁃ 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- In a large med heated skillet – add oil
- Once oil is hot , add onion and sauté until translucent
- Add garlic and sauté few minutes (do not burn )
- Add diced red pepper and mix well
- Add oregano , salt and pepper and chili powder if using – mix well
- Add cooked lentils – mix well
- Add pasta sauce – mix and simmer on very low heat for 20 minutes – once done – taste for seasoning .
- Serve with your fave pasta and garnish with fresh chopped parsley .