- 3-4 corn on the cob sectioned to 3 pieces each
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp green chili paste or 1 green chili ( add more if you want spicier)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 small tomato
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 handful fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp finely crushed peanuts
- 2 cans coconut milk
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Boil corn with water, a pinch of turmeric and some salt until cooked. approx 3 minutes.
- Blend all the other ingredients in a blender – except coconut milk and crushed peanuts.
- Heat a large pot on med heat and pour the blended mixture, cook for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add in the coconut milk and mix well. Let it come to a slow boil then turn down the heat to low. Add in crushed peanuts and mix.
- At this point, taste for salt and adjust accordingly.
- Add in boiled corn and let it simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, squeeze some lemon juice and serve as is or with French bread.
Delicious Recipe from back home Africa.
Simple yet very authentic.
You’re very welcome…. I hope you enjoy!