Who said you can only have masala toast for breakfast? I love this anytime of the day when I want something spicy and savoury. Pair it up with a hot masala chai or coffee and enjoy your day.
Ingredients– Serves 1-2 people
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp diced onions
- 2 green chilies chopped (adjust to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- red chili flakes to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2-3 slices of bread
- butter or oil for greasing the pan
- Mix all the ingredients(except the bread and the oil) in a medium sized bowl.
- Coat the slice of bread one at a time in the egg mixture – use a spoon to scoop up all the good stuff on the bread.
- Heat a pan on medium high heat and grease with butter or oil.
- Cook the bread on the pan on both sides until golden brown or to your liking. Enjoy with a sprinkle of chaat masala or as is.
Check out my video tutorial on Instagram and Youtube.