Masala potatoes !! One of my many fave potato dishes . This one is super easy and makes a great addition to any bbq … you can make this mild or spicy to suit your taste .. I can never say no to potatoes… how about you ?
4 to 5 large potatoes , peeled boiled and cut into bite size pieces – they should not be mushy
⁃ 1 tbsp Ginger paste
⁃ 1 tbsp Garlic paste
⁃ 2 tbsp oil (veg oil)
⁃ 2-3 tbsp water
⁃ 1 tbsp Black mustard seeds
⁃ 1 tbsp cumin seeds
⁃ 2 tsp Salt or more to taste
⁃ 1 tsp Pepper
⁃ ½ cup chopped cilantro leaves
⁃ 1-2 green chillies chopped (optional )
⁃ ½ tsp Chili powder
⁃ 1 tbsp Coriander powder
⁃ 1 tsp Turmeric powder
⁃ Juice from 1/2 lemon
1. Heat oil in a large pan on medium heat.
2. Add mustard and cumin seeds .. until they start to splutter.
3. Add ginger , garlic , salt, pepper , chili powder , coriander powder and green chilies, add water and mix well until fragrant . Be careful not to let it burn.
4. Add boiled and diced potatoes. Mix gently on low heat until well coated. Taste for seasoning .
5. Turn off heat and add lemon juice and chopped cilantro . Mix well . Add additional chopped cilantro for garnish .