A nutritious healthy soup made with basic everyday ingredients to warm you up for those cold autumn days.
- 1/2 cup whole green moong
- 4.5 cups water (more depending on preference)
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 small tomato finely diced
- 1 tsp garlic paste or 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tsp ginger paste or freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp salt (adjust to taste)
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- Place a pot on med heat and add oil.
- Once oil is hot, add in onion and saute until slightly soft.
- Add in ginger and garlic paste and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in diced tomato and cook until slightly soft ( about 4-5 mins).
- Add in moong and mix. Now add water and increase heat to med high. Once the mixture starts boiling, turn down heat to med low, cover with a lid and let simmer until moong is fully cooked (approximately 20-25 minutes). If you want more liquid, add in 1/2-1 cup hot water now.
- Once moong is cooked, add in 1 tsp salt or as per taste and mix well.
- Now add in green onions and chopped cilantro. Mix again, turn off heat and service. Enjoy!