Namak Para are a very popular savory crunchy snacks in India/ Pakistan among kids .. and yes adults too 🙋♀️. They are made using flour and a few spices , then thinly rolled out into strips and cut into desired shapes and deep fried … they are so addictive ! You definitely can’t walk away after eating just one.
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Fine semolina (Sooji)
- 1 tsp salt or to salt
- 1/2 tsp black cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp ajwain seeds (caraway seeds)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- Oil for deep frying
1. Add all ingredients to a bowl except oil for deep frying. Rub the 2 tbsp oil into the flour.
2. Add water and knead the dough ( I used approx 1 cup warm water ) Let it rest for 30 mins covered.
3. Take half of the dough and roll it into a thin long circle or oval onto a clean floured surface.
4. Cut it into shapes ( I cut diagonally like diamonds)
5. Deep fry till golden and crisp.
6. Drain on paper towel and let it cool
7. Sprinkle some chili powder if you want spicy 🙂 enjoy.