- 3-4 tbsp olive oil or enough to drizzle over all the veggies
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 red peppers , washed and cut into chunks
- 5 cups veg stock ( add more if you want a thinner consistency)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and fresh ground pepper as per taste
- 2-3 tbsp of sour cream, full fat cream or non dairy milk
- Freshly chopped green onions or parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Place the sweet potatoes, onions, peppers and garlic on a parchment lined baking sheet and drizzle with oil, mix well.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Once roasted, place the veggies and the stock in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. You might have to do this in batches.
- Pour the blended mixture into a pot on med low heat. Add paprika, red chili powder if using, oregano and salt and pepper. Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn off stove and add in cream, milk or sour cream before serving . Garnish with green onions or parsley . Enjoy!