- 1 cup semolina (Sooji)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 lb butter (2 sticks) softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Pinch of yellow color
- Cardamom powder and saffron strands- optional and also a pinch
- Place butter and semolina in a pot on med heat stirring constantly until golden brown, not too dark.
- Once brown, remove the pot off the stove.
- Add water and both milks, stirring constantly as you pour, otherwise it will get lumpy.
- Place the pot back on the stove and add sugar and color if using but keep stirring while adding, along with cardamom powder and saffron.
- Turn heat down to low and partially cover the pot. Keep checking and stirring. The liquid will evaporate and the seero when stirring will not be sticking to the spoon. That’s when it’s done. Enjoy!