Sev or sevlviyan is also known as sweet vermicelli . It’s a traditional dessert that’s served on special occasions and the best part is .. you only need a handful of ingredients. I used a thicker type of roasted vermicelli but you can use thinner ones too .
– 1 pack roasted vermicelli (break them into pieces inside the package before opening)
– 4 tbsp butter or ghee ( I used ghee )
– 1/4-1 cup sugar ( as per your preference on the amount of sweetness)
– 1.5 cups hot water
– 1 tsp ground cardamom
– 2 tbsp rose water
– 1/4 cup mixed chopped nuts + 2 tbsp more for garnish
1. Melt 1 tbsp butter on med low heat.
2. Sauté 1/4 cup chopped nuts for a few minutes until fragrant – careful not to burn – take the nuts out of the pot and keep aside.
3. Add the remaining butter to the pot and let it melt on med heat.
4. Add vermicelli and and sauté until well coated in butter.
5. Add sugar and water and stir gently.
6. Now add rose water and ground cardamom. Mix well. Add in the toasted nuts . Mix again.
7. Let it simmer on low covered for 10 minutes . After 10 minutes, check to see if liquid is absorbed, if not, then let it simmer again on low for an additional 5 minutes.
8. Take the pot off the heat and separate vermicelli strands with a fork
9. Garnish with additional nuts . Enjoy !
Hi, Re sev
> what is the weight of 1 pack roasted vermicelli used in the recipe
hi, it is 150g .