This is a super easy chicken and potato pie with simple ingredients. In our house, they are handy for school lunches or when unexpected guests arrive. You can simply freeze them in a freezer friendly bag or bake them right away to enjoy!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium potato boiled and mashed
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp green chili paste or 1 green chili diced
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 green onions chopped
- 2 sheets puff pastry thawed but not completely. I used pre-cut squares. It should be thawed enough so they don’t break when assembling.
- 1 egg scrambled for brushing on pastries
- Heat a large pan on medium heat and add oil. Once the oil is hot, add I ground chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Now add in the diced onion and cook until the onions are soft.
- Add in ginger, garlic and chili pastes now (or fresh green chilies if using), coriander powder, salt and pepper. Mix and cook the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Add in Worcestershire sauce and green onions. Mix well.
- Add in your mashed potato now and mix until the mixture is slightly mushy.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature before assembling the pies.
- Fil thawed puff pastry square with a 1.5 tbsp or so if the mixture and seal the sides with a fork.
- Brush the assembled pies with egg wash and bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until golden and flaky. Enjoy!