- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 green pepper diced ( or a vegetable of your choice)
- 2-3 green onions chopped for garnish
For the sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger paste or minced ginger
- 1 tsp garlic paste or minced garlic
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1-2 tsp sriracha (optional)
- Whisk all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and keep aside.
- In a large skillet or pan on med heat, add oil. Once the oil is hot, add in ground turkey and cook until no longer pink. Break up the turkey into small pieces as you cook. Add in oregano and garlic powder and mix well.
- Once the turkey is fully cooked, add in the diced onions and mix well.
- Now add in diced green pepper or veggie of your choice and mix again.
- Let cook for 5 minutes or until veggies are slightly soft.
- Now add in teriyaki sauce ( add as little or as much as you prefer). Stir well. ** note -whisk the sauce before you add it into the pan***
- Turn the heat down to low and let the turkey mixture simmer for approx 10 minutes. The sauce will thicken as it cooks. Turn off heat until desired consistency.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and serve over quinoa or rice. Enjoy!!