I have an amazing vegetarian chili for you today ! Black bean and lentil chili – It’s packed with nutritious ingredients and bold flavors with a bit of heat ! Just the way I like it.. and I know you’ll love it too ! One pot , just throw all the ingredients in and watch the magic . It’s also a perfect bowl to warm you right up and a great meatless option .
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 red onion, diced
• 1 Jalepeno diced
• 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon chili powder
• 1 tablespoon cumin powder
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
• 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
• 2 cans of 19 oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
• 1 cup red lentils uncooked
• 1 can 15 oz. each of tomato sauce
• 3 cups veggie broth ( add more if needed )
• juice of 1 lime
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion along with a large pinch of salt and pepper. Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Add garlic, Jalepeno, chilli powder , paprika , cumin and cook for another minute, stirring frequently.
3. Mix in tomatoes, adobo sauce , black beans and lentils and season with salt and pepper.
4. Add tomato sauce and 2 cups veg broth
5. Cover with lid and turn heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer.
6. Reduce heat and simmer over medium-low for 5-7 minutes or until lentils are cooked , stirring frequently. Add remaining cup of broth if desired.
7. Stir in lime juice and season to taste
8. Serve with your fave garnishes .