Grab your chai, sit back and relax while you enjoy these vitumbuas !! They are soft pillowy cardamom infused coconutty , melt in your mouth bites made from rice 🙂 These mini vitumbuas are a perfect addition to your snack rotation. I’ve made a reel for you to watch .
This recipe is from @mumsicleskitchen
Watch her YouTube video for more step by step instructions . This was my 3rd attempt at making them and they turned out perfect.
- 1 cup rice (soaked for at least 4 hours or overnight)
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1 tbsp oil
- 71 mg of coconut bar- chopped (I use a kitchen scale to measure)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup warm water for yeast
- 2 additional tbsp water
- In a small bowl, add warm water and yeast. Let it ferment for 5 minutes.
- Add rice, oil and milk in a blender and blend for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped coconut and yeast mixture to the blender and blend for 5 minutes.
- Pour this mixture into a large bowl.
- Add the 2 additional tbsp of water we had aside to the empty blender and scrape the remaining mixture and pour into the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with Saran Wrap and let it rest for 1 hour or until double in size.
- After 1 hour, add sugar and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Heat the aebleskiver pan (stuffed pancake pan). Once heated, reduce heat to low ( not too low)
- Brush each cavity lightly with oil
- Pour about 1/8-1/4 cup of mixture into each cavity ( you should hear a sizzle)
- Cook vitumbua for 2-3 minutes on one side ( edges will start to brown)
- Flip each vitumbua to the other side with a skewer or a bamboo stick.
- Wipe skewer between flips with paper towel- let the other side cook for 2-3 minutes.
- When vitumbuas are done, remove to a plate.
- Repeat until all mixture is finished.
** Check out my instagram @thismomskitchen for a short video on how to make these**