- 1 cup sevlviyan (roasted vermicelli) crushed up
- 4 cups milk (2% is fine)
- 1/4 cup sugar (adjust to taste)
- 2-3 chopped dates
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp rose water (optional)
- Place 1 large pot on medium heat and 1 med pan on medium low heat on the stove ( 2 separate burners)
- In the large pot, add milk and let it heat up, stirring occasionally, do not over boil or burn.
- In the medium pan, melt 1 tbsp butter or ghee, add chopped nuts and dates and saute until fragrant (about 7 minutes). Do not let it burn. Once done, remove onto a dish and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt one more tbsp butter or ghee, add in vermicelli and saute on medium low until roasted golden brown (this burns easily so keep a close eye).
- In the pot with the milk, add in condensed milk and stir well. Now add in sugar, mix again, add chopped nuts and dates. Mix very well.
- Once the vermicelli is roasted, add it to the pot of milk and stir well. Turn down the heat to medium low and simmer gently for 5 minutes, it will thicken up a bit.
- Once desired consistency is achieved, turn off the heat and either serve warm or refrigerate until cool. Garnish with additional nuts and saffron if desired. Enjoy!
** If you plan on serving it cold, then keep the consistency slightly runny as it will thicken up more once cooled.**