- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1-2 small potatoes cubed (optional)
- 1 small cauliflower cut into bite sized florets
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes or you can blend 2 small fresh tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 green chili slit or finely diced if you want it spicy
- 1 tsp salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup hot water
- squeeze of lemon juice before serving
- 1-2 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro for garnish (optional )
- Heat oil in a large pan on med heat and add onions. Saute until onions are soft but not browned.
- Add in crushed or blended tomatoes and tomato paste, mix well and cook or 4-5 minutes, stirring often. If using potatoes, add in now.
- Add in green chili and all the powdered spices, along with salt and ginger garlic pastes. Mix well and let cook for 2-3 minutes or med low heat. Add 1-2 tbsp of water if spices sticking to the pan.
- Add in cauliflower florets and a 1/4 cup of hot water. Cover the pan with a lid and turn heat to low. Simmer for. 20-30 minutes or until cauliflower is at your desired consistency and potatoes are cooked.
- Squeeze lemon juice and garnish with cilantro before serving. Serve with chapati/roti/naan or rice. Enjoy!
** Pro Tip ** – you can use 1 -2 cups of frozen hash brown as a substitute for potatoes