Delicious thick and creamy soup just like at the restaurant that takes less than 30 minutes to make.
- 2.5 cups cooked shredded chicken (I used leftover rotisserie chicken- skin off)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 1 cup frozen corn or 1 small can corn niblets
- 1 can creamed corn
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 tbsp water
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper as per taste
- 1 egg whisked
- 2 stalks green onions chopped for garnish
- Heat a large pot on med heat and add oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add diced onions and sauté until translucent and soft but not browned.
- Add ginger and garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add chicken stock and salt and pepper as per taste.
- Add in cooked shredded chicken and mix well. Let the mixture come to a boil on med heat for 5-6 minutes. Now add in creamed corn and corn kernels and mix again.
- Make a mixture of cornstarch and 4 tbsp water in a separate small bowl and slowly add to the pot, stirring as you add.
- Let the soup thicken up slightly- approx. 5-6 minutes on med heat.
- Slowly drizzle in the egg into the pot and stir as you add to make ribbons.
- Add in soy sauce and mix again. If you want the soup to be a bit thicker, let it simmer on low for a few minutes. Taste for salt.
- Ladle soup into a bowl and garnish with green onions or chili oil. Enjoy!!
** Note: soup will get thicker as it cools**