- 1 (14 oz) bag of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup toffee bits ( optional)
- Melted chocolate for drizzle (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spread the coconut onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Toast coconut for 3-4 minutes( lightly toasted). Keeping a close eye not to burn.
- Once toasted, place coconut in a large bowl and pour in the condensed milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add in toffee bits if using and mix again.
- Use a cookie scoop or a spoon, scoop out mixture and place on the sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake macaroons for 15-17 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Once cooled, drizzle or dip macaroons in melted milk chocolate, place on the cookie sheet until it hardens. Enjoy!
** For melted chocolate- you can use 1/4-1/2 cup chocolate chips or dark chocolate and melt in the microwave with 1 tsp coconut oil at 30 second increments until melted. Mix after every 30 seconds.***