Nothing reminds me more of my childhood than my dad making his special mishkaki . Skewed blade steak marinated in bold flavorful spices and barbecued to perfection! Often served with coconut or tamarind chutney .. but I prefer my spicy tomato chutney with this one ! Recipe coming soon .. but in the mean time .. fire up your bbq for this mouthwatering East African must have !!
- 3.5 lbs blade steak – cut into 1-2” cubes
- 1.5 heaping tbsp garlic paste
- 1.5 heaping tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp coriander and cumin powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp green chili paste ( optional)
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup veg oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp red chili powder ( adjust to taste)
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped coriander
- 1-2 tbsp tandoor powder for color ( optional)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and marinate overnight.
- Once marinated, mix everything .
- Skewer the meat and bbq.