I love a dish that plays a double role ! This roasted veggie couscous can be a side or can be transformed into a main with the addition of some protein . It’s light , healthy and delicious ! I served this with meatballs and it was a big hit !
Proteins that would pair well with this – grilled chicken , sautéed shrimp ( see my previous post ) , meatballs or make this a vegetarian dish by adding chickpeas ! You can also add any veggies you like ..
– 2 cups couscous (any kind )
– 3 cups broth ( veg or chicken)
– 1 zucchini – cut in quarters
– 1 cup sliced mushrooms
– 1 bell pepper (any color )
– 1/2 onion sliced
– 1 tbsp dried parsley
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– 1 tsp Italian seasoning
– 1-2 tbsp olive oil
– 1-2 tsp fresh lemon juice
– Salt and pepper
- Place all veggies in a bowl and coat with olive oil , season with herbs and spices ( except for lemon juice )
- Preheat oven to 400F and bake for 15 minutes
- In the meantime , boil broth in a small pot , once it comes to a boil , add couscous , turn off the stove and cover with a lid and let sit for 10 minutes, fluff with a fork when done.
- Once the veggies are done , combine the couscous and veggies in a pan , drizzle olive oil and lemon juice , and more dried parsley . Mix and serve